Sunday, August 29, 2010

First day of work!

Well, I've spent the last week doing OJT (on the job training) and today was my first official day at work on my own!  I worked at Big Thunder Mountain today, taking pictures both of people in front of Big Thunder and of Woody and Jessie every half hour.


It was a lot of fun and went pretty fast.  I had tons of equipment problems, but from what people have told me, that's to be expected.  I had to get two new PDAs and a new camera.  That doesn't sound like a big deal but when the people who have your PDAs and cameras are halfway across the park and you have to hike a ways to call them it means you miss a lot of pictures.  We're getting a bunch of new equipment in October so hopefully this won't happen any more after that!  


I've decided I don't like working Big Thunder.  There aren't that many people who want their pictures taken in front of the mountain, and I really hate accosting people and trying to get them to take photopass cards from me.  Everyone thinks I'm trying to sell them something!  


I did run into a few cool people today, though, and had some good conversations.  A little girl, probably four years old, told me she liked the bow headband I was wearing.  Cuuuute!  I ate my lunch with Ariel, Tiana, and Belle.  How awesome is that?


I got my schedule for the week and I'm working at the View on main street twice next week!  I'm excited to wear a cute costume for once.  I looove those blouses to death!  And I get a bow tie!  I can't wait :)


Tomorrow I'm working the main entrance of DCA.  Should be interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment