Friday, August 20, 2010

traditions



I am now officially a disney cast member!  I have my nametag and Disneyland ID and everything.  I feel so legit!

Today we had Traditions which is basically our official welcome/talk about Disney values/tour the park day.  

While we were touring the park we stopped near main street for a little while.  I'll admit, I paid very little attention to what was being said by our group's leader, but it's because I was watching a little girl (probably six) conducting the main street marching band.  Mickey pulled her up in the middle of everyone and in front of the band, handed her the baton, and had her start moving her hands.  I don't think she really realized that the band was following her and that she was actually conducting the music until she started to speed up her hands faster and faster until the band was playing so quickly you could hardly figure out what the song was.  Once she realized they were actually following her she perked up and you could see the excitement take over her face and she started varying it; faster, slower.  Faster, slower.  She was laughing and having a ton of fun with it.  It was such a fun moment to see, and it was especially cool since it was during traditions!

Well, now that I have my ID I will be heading to the park to go see world of color tomorrow night!  Also some of my roommates and I are going to dinner at my house.  Pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, and angel food cake for dessert!  Ahhh I am so ready for a home-cooked meal!

2 comments:

Kalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalie said...

hey girl glad to see your finally in the park! I got the job since i last talked to ya so im a cm too:) what role did ya get? ill prob see ya around! lol crazyness!

Post a Comment